Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today

Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today
Please be sure to write "John Hurley - Bike Trip" in the "How did you hear about us" section

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 35 -- Springfield to Champaign -- 103 Miles

Great day to be on a bike. I am relieved to be saying that after 3 consecutive centuries (well, 97 miles on one of the days, but close enough). Although we had a relatively long day in the saddle, the scenery did not change much. Similar to yesterday's ride, we found ourselves on several country roads, and observed cornfield after cornfield after cornfield (with the occassional soybean field).

I spent the majority of the day riding with Phil from Maryland, Kiwi Rick, Larry Frederick, Sooner Rick, and pedaled a little bit with a few others along the way to Champaign. We rode at a nice, brisk pace and the mileage seemed to dissapear due to the good company. I wish I had more to write about. Except for one roadblock (literally), it was a pretty uneventful 100+ miles.

After the ride, I cleaned up and made my way to mass with The Schroeder Boys and "Tour de Fran" DiGiano to pray for strength -- both physical and mental -- to finish the last 17 days (15 cycling, 2 rest) of the challenge. When I arrived at the church and saw the name of it, I took it as a sign that someone upstairs has my back.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”

    ~ Thomas Aquinas ~

    ReplyDelete