Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today

Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today
Please be sure to write "John Hurley - Bike Trip" in the "How did you hear about us" section

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 40 -- Richmond to Marysville (OH) -- 106 Miles

Greetings from Ohio! Unfortunately, I accidently deleted the picture of me at the state line before I downloaded it, so you will just have to trust me when I tell you that I officially crossed the state line. Yes, that is me in Marysville, Ohio in the picture above!

Regarding the ride: Today was really fun -- I rode at a pretty good clip, and really enjoyed the fact that I have successfully made it to another state. 40 miles after pedaling through the morning mist, we reached the first SAG, where a former alumnus of this cross country challenge met us and brought us a bunch of snacks. It was very thoughtful and generous of him.

A mere 10 miles later, we were greeted by a tailgate party being hosted by Wade and Tony Schroeder's family and friends. These folks did it right -- hot dogs, sausages, snacks, beers -- they had the works! I stopped and met a bunch people, but I realized that I still had 50+ miles to ride so I passed on the food and drink.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. Enjoyable, but uneventful. I eventually reached the hotel, and happily accepted a care package from my wife. A package from Mary in Marysville -- very nice!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Impatience never commanded success.

    ~ Edwin H. Chapin ~

    Stay patient and SAFE as you get closer to your goal. I told you you would "kill it!" Proud of you, buddy.

    Travel safe. Love ya. D

    PS: I'm doing it again! Don't tell Mom (she'll be packing my lunch in a road map). I cannot open this blog each day without a great deal of envy. I've got one more good ride in me! D

    ReplyDelete