Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today

Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today
Please be sure to write "John Hurley - Bike Trip" in the "How did you hear about us" section

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 45 -- Erie to Hamburg (NY) -- 86 Miles

Today was a great day to be on a bike. There were slightly overcast skies that kept the temperatures extremely comfortable throughout the day.

I spent the day riding with Judy (staff member), Sooner Rick, and One Eleven Robb. When we weren't fixing flats (both Rick and Robb fell victim to a punctured tire), we were moving at a very nice, but brisk, pace.

We pedaled along Route 5 for the majority of the day, and were able to see some fantastic views of Lake Erie -- the largest body of water we've seen since Pacific Ocean (in San Francisco) -- as we rode. Once again, I found myself thinking about my dad (pictured right) throughout the ride, and how he felt as he traveled along the same roads 20 years ago.


As usual, it felt great to enter a new state -- our 11th on the journey. I thought Pennsylvania sounded close to home -- New York sounds even better. We will be spending 5 nights in New York, and hopefully the reamining rides in this state are as comfortable as the one we had today!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why I am getting all the love when you are doing the dirty work. I'll give you ten days to knock it off!

    Travel safe. I love you and I'm so proud of you! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny.. Keep the love coming to big jay.. then hit him up for something big. NY sounds so close. Stay safe. Love you.

    ReplyDelete