Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today

Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today
Please be sure to write "John Hurley - Bike Trip" in the "How did you hear about us" section

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 44 -- Erie -- Rest Day

Not much to report -- much needed rest day today, and I took full advantage of it. I need to make sure that I am physically ready to pedal home.

I just returned from dinner at The Pufferbelly Restaurant with Scott, Robb and Larry. We enjoyed a great meal at a place that seemed to have a lot of history associated with it. After dinner, Scott treated the group (even our cab driver, Howie) to gelato. For all of my Southie/Irish bretheren reading the blog, gelato is Italian ice cream, and it is delicious. It was my first experience with gelato, but it won't be my last.

Today does, however, mark the last rest day of the trip. At dinner it was briefly mentioned that, as a group, we will be undergoing a "series of lasts" over the next 8 days. The rest day meal tradition that Scott, Robb, Larry, and I have had throughout our cross country challenge is something I will certainly miss. Like so many of the rest of the group members, Scott, Robb, and Larry are great people, and a lot of fun to be around.

Ok, enough of this mawkish gushing. It's time to put the game face on, and get ready to ride tomorrow -- the countdown to completion is on!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the remainder of your trip. You have a lot to be proud of and the memories of your endeavor will be with you forever.

    Travel safe. Love ya, D

    ReplyDelete