Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today

Please click the logo below and help me reach my fundraising goal today
Please be sure to write "John Hurley - Bike Trip" in the "How did you hear about us" section

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 49 -- Little Falls to Latham -- 79 Miles

As I spend my last night in New York, it's really hitting me that this trip is truly close to being over. It's a strange feeling -- in one regard, it feels like this trip has passed by so fast. Yet when I think about specific rides from early on in the tour, they seemed like they happened a lifetime ago. I am not sure if that makes sense, but hopefully you catch my drift.

Today was another enjoyable day. Unfortunately, we got wet again --some people loved the rain and soaked it all in (literally), but not me -- I had to deal with those wet socks again (I don't need to remind you about my feelings on wet socks, do I?). Most of the rain happened during the first part of the day, although we were hit with a couple of scattered showers as the day came to a close. Even after the rain subsided it remained pretty humid, so it was a pretty wet day all around. I think my wet t-shirtesque bike jersey as seen above is an accurate portryal of how the day went and felt.

As I mentioned yesterday, one of my best friends (and 4-year college roommate), Mike Smiley, picked me up at my hotel in Latham after the ride. We went out for a bite to eat, bounced around the Saratoga area, and generally had a good time just catching up on the things we have been up to over the last two months.

I enjoyed spending quality time with Mike -- a guy who is like a brother to me. I should probably get used to catching up with old friends and family, as there are only a few more days until I say goodbye to my cross country cycling family!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Bad weather always looks worse through a window. No rain, no rainbows!

    Travel safe. You're almost home! Love ya, D

    ReplyDelete